Friday 1 October 2010

Murphy’s Law

I went looking for a Joke, for this blog and referred to my Evernote programme, to see what I had stored as I have gone along and came across guy-sports.com/humor. But I didn’t find a joke.

However, what I didn’t find is the tale of Murphy’s Law and I quote:

Definition of Murphy's Law

If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong Murphy's law: If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong
(Sometimes known as the 4th law of Thermodynamics).

I have traced Murphy's law back to a Captain Edward A. Murphy, an American engineer at Muroc, California (later named Edwards Air Force Base).  In 1949 he was working on a project to test the effects of sudden braking.  Time after time his machinery failed, exasperated he said of his technician, 'If there is any way to do it wrong, he'll  find it.' John Paul Stapp picked up on Murphy's phrase and used at a press conference.

As with any good idea, Murphy's Law can be adapted and extended.

1st Amendment
…………………………….”

read on at http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/jokes/jokes_murphys_law.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment