1. Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
2. Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
3. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
4. No culture can live if it attempts to be exclusive.
5. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
6. A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
7. An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
8. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
9. In matters of conscience, the law of majority has no place.
10. Poverty is the worst form of violence.
11. You must be the change you want to see in the world.
12. Providence has its appointed hour for everything. We cannot command results, we can only strive.
13. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
14. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
15. An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.
16. God sometimes does try to the uttermost those whom he wishes to bless.
17. I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
18. In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart. 19. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
20. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
21. They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them.
22. A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion.
23. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
24. It is my own firm belief that the strength of the soul grows in proportion as you subdue the flesh.
25. Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men.
26. Non-violence requires a double faith, faith in God and also faith in man.
27. Victory attained by violence is tantamount to a defeat, for it is momentary.
28. It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.
29. First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.
30. I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.
31. One’s own religion is after all a matter between oneself and one’s Maker and no one else’s.
32. The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within.
33. A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
Monday, 3 January 2011
33 Best Gandhi Wisdom Quotes by Pramit J Nathan
From 33 Best Quotes Gandhi Wisdom by Pramit J Nathan on 2 October 2009 in Wisdom
Pramit J. Nathan Marketing, Branding, Social Media and more…. Marketing consultant, author, trainer and a b-school visting faculty.
Based out of New Delhi, India. Heads Idea to Impact branding consultancy, offering end-to-end branding solutions Partnered with a full-service advertising agency called Creative Inc. A b-school faculty for the past 11 years - Courses e-business/e-commerce and web technologies & trends. Public Relations (and Perception Management) and Branding. Trained across behavioral and functional competencies and extensively across the Banking & Financial Services Industry. Offers training in Selling, Relationship Management, Interviewing, Positive Thinking and Stress Management.