Wednesday 29 June 2011

Think Outside The Box

Prompted by a facebook posting, today:

“I don't Think Outside The Box ~ I Think Like There's NO Box!”

I get the sentiment but it made me think.

I don’t know who came up with the expression and forgive if I misconstrue their intention but ….
…….we are the boxes!

This may be male thinking, particularly as the Facebook post had come from a woman.

You will see what I mean if you watch Mark Gungor’s video: Tale of Two Brains

 

Generalising:
women multitask naturally and so the possibility of a box existing is less likely, whereas men compartmentalise.
However, if we go inside and create limits for ourselves we also create the box that eventually we cannot think outside of.

If we see our experience as something bigger than ourselves then our thinking is outside of the (our) box.

Just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment